Enrichment and Career Services


The FWHA has created a unique center for property managers and residents to get information about the programs and resources in the Fort Wayne Community. Workshops, classes, and special events are also available for more in-depth or hands-on instructions.

Every resident has resources to draw on: Government, Faith-Based, Community, and Family & Friends. Each area has limited resources, so individually their response is limited. We can help leverage and combine these resources so that you are able to get a better response.

Whether you are new to Public Housing, HCVP, Fort Wayne, or you have been around for years, there is always something of interest for you at our Resource Center. Please contact us!

The FWHA Resident Services Resource Center is located at 3005 McCormick Avenue, (near the intersection of McCormick and Slataper St.) Formerly used as the Boys and Girls Club, this Center was recently remodeled to contain a Community Room, Classrooms, Computer Lab and Kitchen for use by FWHA residents, staff and partner agencies.

Community Service

HUD requires all non-exempt adult public housing residents (ages 18-62) to contribute 8 hours per month of community service (volunteer work) or participate in 8 hours per month of economic self-sufficiency activities, defined to include education, training, counseling or similar classes that can help toward self-sufficiency and economic independence.

Your attendance at on-site monthly workshops or similar events can help you complete your community service requirements while you learn more about other services in our Fort Wayne Community!
See list of workshop events here >

Contact Information

Larissa Williams, Programs Manager
[email protected]
260-267-9300 ext. 7230

Kelly Flanagan, Programs Manager
[email protected]
260-267-9300 ext. 7233

Angela Harris, Program Coordinator
[email protected]
260-267-9300 ext. 7217

Stephanie Esquibel, Program Coordinator
[email protected]
260-267-9300 ext. 7506

Department email:
[email protected]


For Emergency Calls for Police, Fire and Ambulance CALL 911 and follow their instructions. Examples includes life threatening situations such as car accidents with injuries, robbery in progress, fire and smoke in the building and similar problems.

For social services call 211 First Call for Help

For City of Fort Wayne call 311 One Call Center

For Allen County issues call 449-7555


Township Trustee

In Indiana, the TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE is the office of government that is responsible for emergency assistance. For all other townships not listed below, check phone numbers in telephone book or go to the website www.allencounty.us.

11321 Aboite Center Rd Fort Wayne, IN 46804

749-4162 or 493-2500
New Haven, IN 46774

6033 Maplecrest Rd Fort Wayne, IN 46835

1832 W. Wallen Rd Fort Wayne, IN 46818

320 E Superior St Fort Wayne, IN 46802


Organization Contact Info Services Offered
(referrals may required for some services)
211 / United Way of Allen County Call 211 or
Clearing house for most social service issues
(CANI Community Action of NE Indiana)
260-432-3546 www.mybrightpoint.org Heat, childcare vouchers, budgeting & housing programs
Salvation Army 260-744-2311 Water assistance, back to school, Christmas baskets
Catholic Charities 260-422-5625 Immigration & Refugee Services
Lutheran Social Services 260-426-3347 Financial Literacy & Family Counseling
Wellspring 260-422-6618 Food and various items
Community Harvest 260-447-3696 Food bank and farm wagon programs
Associated Churches Food Bank 260-422-3528 Operates food bank system
Homelessness/Shelters Call 211 See separate shelter list
WorkOne Northeast 260-745-3555 Assistance to find jobs and train for employment
The League for the Blind & Disabled 2260-441-0551 Disability Advocacy, Independent Living Skills Training, Home Care


Your Information

Please keep your information current with us! We want to be able to contact you and keep our information up to date. If any of the below info has changed, please let us know so we can update our records.

  • Change of Address
  • Change of Household Members and/or Income
  • Name Change
  • Phone(s)
  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Emergency Contact


  • Paycheck stubs for 2-3 months for your household
  • Unemployment award or denial documentation
  • Social Security/Disability award or denial documentation
  • Social Security Cards and/or State Issued Photo ID for adults in household
  • Copy of food stamps (SNAP) award or denial documentation
  • Copy of TANF or Medicaid award or denial documentation
  • Bank statements for past 2-3 months (Checking and Savings accounts)
  • Federal and State Tax Return w documentation of refund/purchases/receipts
  • Copy of lease or mortgage and payment record
  • Copies of utility bills including phone/cell phone/cable/internet if applicable
  • Automobile Registration if applicable
  • Child Support Documentation
  • Copies of documentation of other community assistance received or denied
  • Other documentation as required by specific organizations