Fort Wayne Housing Authority Receives National Awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 26, 2021
FORT WAYNE HOUSING AUTHORITY RECEIVES NATIONAL AWARDS
Housing agency programs emphasize quality of life and access to resources
FORT WAYNE – The Fort Wayne Housing Authority (FWHA) was recently honored with ten awards of merit from the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO). NAHRO provides opportunities for its member agencies to earn national recognition for their innovative housing and community development projects, programs, and services. The awards also serve as a resource for highlighting the nation’s best providers of housing and community development projects. As a result of their accomplishments, the Fort Wayne Housing Authority’s winning entries will be added to the NAHRO resource bank of information alongside housing and redevelopment agencies and community development departments who are involved in significant and innovative efforts to improve housing throughout the country..
“Earning these awards and receiving national recognition for our efforts is a testament to our commitment to providing safe, affordable housing for families in the Ft. Wayne community,” said FWHA executive director and CEO George Guy, “2020 was a difficult year for everyone and our employees remained steadfast in their commitment to exceed our community’s expectations each and every day. As the Fort Wayne Housing Authority continues to evolve and create new housing programs and enhance the housing landscape in our city, we will continue to leave no stone unturned to identify programs and resources to ensure that we provide access to quality housing and services for all.”
The Awards of Merit were won for the following programs:
- A Step Ahead: Pre-COVID Telework Plan Pays Long-term Benefits
- Building on Necessity: Quality Control Meetings Generate Real Impact Like
- Fostering Leadership to Develop Personal and Organizational Growth Leadership
- Zooming Ahead: Increasing Effectiveness by Sharing Best Practices
- River’s Edge: A Collaborative, Community Approach to Specialized Housing
- Utilizing CARES Act Funding to Provide Emergency Rental Assistance
- A Partnership that Puts Youth-Focused Programming Where It’s Needed Most
- Increasing Awareness of Local Resources via the Career and Enrichment Services Newsletter
- Acknowledging Graduates’ Achievements While Adhering to Social Distancing Guidelines
- Making Job Searches, Training and Transportation a TREAT to Individuals
To review descriptions of the awards and to see the full list of recipients visit https://www.nahro.org/membership/awards/individual-awards/awards-of-merit/.
About the Fort Wayne Housing Authority
The mission of the Fort Wayne Housing Authority is to provide good quality, affordable housing and superior services to eligible members of the Fort Wayne community and to maintain an atmosphere which encourages self-sufficiency.