• happy-family2.png
  • happyfamily1.png


I. Property owner interested in listing your property or want to know more about our program:

All property owners need to sign up with FWHA and FortWayneHousing.org. You can link from our website at www.fwha.org or pick up a form at the administrative building Monday , Wednesday or Friday from 8am until 5 pm. Forms will not be faxed.

The Housing Authority has partnered with FortWayneHousingNow.Org, which provides an enhanced program to list rental properties on line. Through http://www.fwha.org/ listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher tenants seeking apartment units, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market. List your unit now. Rental properties are required to be rent reasonable. We follow the guidelines of fair market rents. The new Small Area Fair Market Rents Payment Standard Chart is located on our website under the Landlords Program Link.


Please remember that the FMR is subject to change and the payment standard is not the basis to determine your rent. This is the amount a tenant is eligible to receive for rent & utility allowance.

Tenants interested in your unit will contact you directly to view your property. Once the applicant has met your tenant selection standards and you have entered into a tentative agreement, the tenant will provide you with an RFTA, a red packet of information that must be completely filled out and returned to our administrative building during office hours. When the inspection has been approved, the landlord and tenant will be notified by the tenant's housing specialist to execute a lease, turn it in to the tenant’s housing specialist and the housing specialist will process a HAP Contract. Landlords are paid the first of the month through direct deposit only.

Fort Wayne Housing Authority


II. Landlord currently participating in our program:

Q. Who do I call when I don’t receive my HAP payment?

A. If you haven’t received your HAP payment by the 3rd business day from the ACH transmission (Direct Deposits), you must first contact the tenant’s housing specialist to determine if the contract is on hold due to abatement, missing HAP contract, or unsigned lease, etc. If it is determined the contract isn’t on hold, submit a written request for payment status. This request should include the payee info (vendor/landlord name), date of missing payment (I.e. June HAP). The request can be forwarded to the Finance Department, Attention: HCVP HAP Accountant, via e-mail (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..), Fax 260-267-9308). All queries will be answered within 48 hours of receipt; depending on the date of submission.

Q. I just spoke with my tenants’ housing specialist and was informed that my HAP payment was held due to missing/ omitted information or failed inspection; I have since forwarded those documents or corrected the problem and have had the unit re-inspected; how soon can I expect payment?

A. Checks are processed the 1st and 15th of each calendar month; if you have resolved the matter which prevented your HAP payment from being disbursed you may want to follow-up with the housing specialist at least three (3) business days before the next check-run to make sure that a check request has been submitted and approved in time to be included in the following check-run. If the request hasn’t been submitted in time to be processed with the next proceeding check-run it will not be paid until it has been approved.

Q. What do I need to submit if I’m a landlord whose property will be managed by agent? Or I am the landlord and I want to change my management company, what should I do to update my information?

A. You need to submit:

• A copy of the proof of ownership (recorded title, deed, etc);

• W-9 (TIN or SSN provided must match the name that will be shown on your income tax return);

• Owner Information Form (lists contact information of owner/agent and remittance address of HAP payments); and

• Direct Deposit Authorization (are mandatory for all HCV/Section 8 payments) along with a voided check/deposit slip.

All of the documents needed to update this information can be obtained on the ‘Forms’ section of our agency’s website: www.fwha.org.

If you want to change your management company/agent the same steps apply; but you must also submit a written notice describing what changes will be made including whether or not the payments should be held until the bank account information needs to be changed (in the case of your payments being posted into the agents/ management company account).

III. Landlords requesting a rent increase:

ALL REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON THE FWHA FORM PROVIDED. REQUESTS FOR A RENT INCREASE MUST BE SUBMITTED A MINIMUM OF 60 DAYS PRIOR TO THE TENANT’S RECERTIFICATION DATE. The Request for Rent Increase form is available at the Administrative Building and on line at www.fwha.org. Print, sign, fax to or scan and email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Our office will not fax this form, nor will we accept email requests that do not have the request form filled out and attached.

IV. If you need information about an upcoming Inspection:

Inspections are scheduled up to 15 days from the date the completed RFTA is received at the Administration Building or up to 15 days from the date the unit is available for inspection listed in line 8 of the RFTA. The later date will apply. The inspector has up to 15 days to schedule and process the inspection. The inspector will not return calls to tenants asking for the date of an RFTA inspection. For RFTA’s, only the landlord will be contacted to arrange a date and time for the inspection. Upon the unit passing inspection, the landlord can notify the tenant and the tenant’s housing specialist. The inspector will also notify the tenant’s housing specialist. If a unit fails an inspection, the landlord will receive a Notice of Deficiencies, and the tenant’s housing specialist will be notified.

Landlords and tenants receive a Notice of Inspection scheduled for the annual inspection of each unit under Housing Assistance Payment (HA) Contract. All units must be inspected annually even if a tenant is scheduled to move. The Head of Household, co-Head/Spouse or Landlord must be present. The inspector will return calls or emails if you need to confirm the date and time. The inspector does not have the authority to approve reschedules. All inspections scheduled are mandatory.